Monday, March 06, 2006

Take That, Creative Circle! (A Welcome Balm for Anxiety Monday)

Now THIS is a nice response to a job inquiry:

On Mon, March 6, 2006 9:08 am, [name removed] said:
Hi Colin,

I do remember you and did forward your resume to the Upper School Head in consideration for the English position. You are correct, we have been receiving many resumes and are doing as thorough a job as possible in narrowing down the field. I expect the entire process to take at least a couple more months due to the importance of this position. Please keep an eye on our website, faculty contracts are just starting to trickle back in, and I do anticipate a few more open positions for the fall. In addition to the US English, if any other position is available that interests you, please feel free to send me another email or phone call. Please note that all open positions will remain on the website until a contract has been issued at which time the posting will be removed immediately. Thanks for your continued interest in Francis W. Parker School.

[name removed]
Director of Human Resources
Francis W. Parker School

-----Original Message-----> From: Colin Grant Milroy
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 2:49 PM> To: [name removed]
Subject: Colin Milroy follow-up email

Hello [name removed],

I wanted to send you a follow-up email since we met at the Diversity Fair on February 4. I'm a friend of Beau Johnson, and you and I discussed how you live close to Beau and how he has raved about teaching at Francis Parker. I hope you won't think it too forward of me to send a follow-up email regarding your Upper School English Teacher position that starts this September. I ran across your ad in the Chicago Reader and I thought that I should check back in with you since you undoubtedly receive quite a bit of applications. I've attached a current copy of my resume for your review. Please contact me if you need any additional information from me. You can reach me at this email or call my cell phone at (xxx)xxx-xxxx. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
Colin Milroy

No promises, no guarantees, just communication and assurance that my time has not been wasted unlike other parts of my job search. At this point, I'm still freaking out about uncertain job status adding to my Anxiety Mondays, so I'm a wee bit sensitive. The original title of this post was going to be "RANT!!!" and I was just going to go from there, but big points to Francis Parker school for acting like a professional and being courteous enough to interact. It's nice to have something positive to say. I'm still facing joblessness in a few weeks, but it's encouraging to know my voice has been heard.

No comments: