Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Slippery Slope of Googling Oneself (Updated 2008)

To my very happy surprise, several people I haven't seen or spoken to in years have found me through this blog (and haven't run screaming from the content). This blog shows up through a Google search on my name. Quite a few other things show up under a "Colin Milroy" google search, so I thought I should clarify what I've actually done.

Sadly, the very successful Canadian real estate agent is not me, nor am I on the Superintendent's Honor Roll at West Montgomery High School in North Carolina. 2008 UPDATE: There's another name thief in England! This fellow looks to be a successful engineer in England, further knocking down the Colin Milroy totem pole. But I have been able to earn the title of "awkward weirdo creepball" by one of my former students through the nice, anonymous Rate My Professor. Luckily, my other reviews are positive and I'm no longer teaching English.

I also did not place third in the South Jersey Jr. Honda (B Main) race of the Quarter Midgets of America. I'm not a successful real estate agent or quarter midget racer. However, I was in successful shows in Chicago such as A Clean Well-Lighted Place and Siskel and Ebert Save Chicago as a happy part of the Factory Theater ensemble (2008 Update) as well shows with Hi-Volt Theatre and several different shows with the Hypocrites theatre company as an actor and technician. I've done many shows with the Raven Theatre, I was part of Imagination Theatre, I worked as staff at the DePaul University's Theatre School, and I am a UIC alumni (scroll all the way down to the M's if you really want to see my academic identity). I'm very happy about most of the things that come up under Colin Milroy on Google because I actually earned some of these posts. However, I can't claim the fame of taking on the fog and turning upside down, but I love the "B" horror movie reference on that post. "B" horror and my name should always be synonymous.

No comments: