Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Nerd Note for Self-Serf

How many times have I lost this damned icon and now there's an easy way to re-create it!

How to re-create the Show Desktop icon on the Quick Launch bar

The Show Desktop icon is not an ordinary program shortcut. If the icon is deleted, the procedure for re-creating the icon is not obvious. To re-create the Show Desktop icon, follow these steps:

1. Click Start , click Run, type notepad, and then click OK.
2. In Notepad, type the following text on individual lines:
[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop
3. Click File, click Save As, and then save the file to your desktop as Show Desktop.scf.

Note Notepad may automatically append a .txt extension to the file name. Remove this extension if present. The file name should be Show Desktop.scf.

I'm not Douglas Coupland yet, but I've taken the first step in controlling my programming language future.
(I doubt there will be a second)

No comments: