Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ice Fishing: Heavy Drinking Required

Okay. So I spent twelve hours snowmobiling last Saturday and then about four hours ice fishing on Sunday. Ironically, there was heavy drinking involved before, during, and after snowmobiling (a not-so-safe practice) and no drinking whatsoever during the ice fishing. Dear Lord, what I wouldn't have done for some liquor during ice fishing. ANY liquor. Schnapps and Schlitz would have been heaven. Ice fishing is boring. Heavily boring. I know I said there was a walleye with my name on it, but that was not to be, and even if it was, I still would've needed booze to fill the empty space between the fish. Catching a fish is mildly exciting, but what thrill there is lasts a few seconds, sort of like a Victoria Secret catalogue with bra sale. Snowmobiling was good and that wasn't just because of booze, although booze improves many a thing. Maybe someday I will have the heavy booze to go along with the hours of nothingness in ice fishing, but there'd better be a few dozen walleye for me to catch.

No comments: